June 23, 2010

~ Ramblings ~

Ramblings is now a two month old spontaneous burst of thought. A creation made with no plan, no goal, just pure simple feelings and emotions. Looking back to when I woke that early morning on April 9th, 2010, I clearly remember sitting and looking at my computer, thinking something was about to "happen". Next thing I knew it did. First the website, http://www.gustoramblings.com/, and of course the blog to go with it, "Ramblings."

Here I am world. Two and a half months later, recently finished with the University of California San Diego accelerated legal program, 39 credit hours crammed into 12 weeks. Unbelievable, and words aren't adequate to describe EVERYTHING that has happened, and not only over the past three months since I arrived in SoCal, completing the "Escape from Elkhart." It obviously covers an exponential personal growth that began on "that date", June 5th, 2008.

But it goes back further than that, experiences that cover over 40 years and today, with over 2 years of sobriety under my belt, not one drop of alcohol tasted with these lips nor ingested into my body, the future is wide-open and the possibilities of what life might have to offer are unimaginable. I awake each day now and say two things and two things only. Thank you God for LIFE and FREEDOM. I intend to take neither for granted any more.

People have been asking me, what now? What are you going to do now that you're done with the primary mission you came here for? My answer is two-fold. First, obtain suitable employment within the legal field, take care of my children the best I possibly can, and hopefully live and dwell among people I can call "friend." People who value the same things I do; faith, honesty, courage, integrity, dignity, an appreciation for life itself and everything that comes with it, and most of all, a willingness and desire to serve my fellow man and mankind.

But the second one is one I had no idea would "happen"..... Ramblings. I realize now that this entire period of my life since June 5th, 2008, is starting to culminate and move into a path and destiny I never dreamed of. It involves the written word and sharing of knowledge in some way. Honestly, I still don't know but things continue to "happen" that keep me thinking writing is an integral part of my destiny. So, here's another example of a person that came into my life for a reason and again, it just "happened" :

Yesterday, I went outside to get coffee from the local vendor who has a stand located near the Encinitas library. By now, I know all of the people that work there by name as they do me. So as I was filling my cup, one of the part-time workers who works there, asked me what I was doing now that I'm done with school. I said "oh, job searching, facebooking, and blogging." She said, "really, what is it you blog about?" I said, "Life." She hesitated for just a moment then said, "give me your website, I'll take a look at it."

Turns out this nice lady has a very successful website development business that she operates herself full-time, developing and marketing web pages for small to mid-size companies in San Diego county, as well as common folks like me. She said she makes a good living at it and has lost track of how many clients she has, but I could tell from one of her "success stories" of a local business she helped, she's extremely good at what she does. For the next 10 minutes or so, she told me all sorts of things she could help me with in furthering, fostering, and developing "Ramblings" into something that might be of greater use to my fellow man.

An interesting development indeed, huh? People, places, things, and situations just continue to appear out of nowhere in my life, all for a reason, positive reasons, INSPIRING reasons. I guess I'll see what the tide brings in tomorrow......

"Gusto"

No comments: