May 11, 2010

A Dynamic Life


How do you live your life? Are you one of those who is just going through the motions? Do you feel like your life is in a rut? Same 'ol routine every day? Why? Is it because of financial limitations? Family or work obligations? Personal issues?

Or are you one of those that is always looking for another way? Looking for an adventure? Thinking outside the box, taking risks? Spicing up your life? Spontaneity?

From the VERY moment I left the "Holliday Inn" in Elkhart, KS., November 10th, 2008, I can honestly say there hasn't been ONE day where I haven't had something dynamic and special happening in my life. Sure, some were little silly things, as simple as meeting someone new and getting to know everything about their life. Watching birds early in the morning frolic in the trees. Talking with the self-checkout lady at grocery stores. Being very out-going, upbeat, and positive with those that I encountered. The list goes on and on.

As I reminisce about the past two years, I can think of dozens of things, dynamic things, that have occurred in my life. At first, it wasn't all that much and not very special. But, once I got a taste of this new way of living, I grabbed hold of it and haven't let go since. Each day just gets better and better. Sure, there have been some damn dark days, terrible days in fact. And some only recently after arriving in SoCal. What's different NOW than before November 10th, 2008 is I'm actually LIVING again for the first time in I don't know how long, perhaps 25 years or more. What I mean is I've discovered through trial that some how the next day was better. And then it happened again. Before long, I realized that no matter how crappy my day might have been, I just KNEW the next day would be better! It's an incredible feeling having that comfort that tomorrow truly will be a better day.

I can't tell you when this happened, how it happened, or even why. Frankly, I don't WISH to know. All I know is I awake each day and take comfort in knowing that THIS day will bring something new to my life. Something "dynamic" and something very special.

So, if you find yourself in the first group, please don't think there has to be something life-altering like what happened to me in order to get yourself living dynamically again. Just think about what COULD happen if you don't. Don't wake up one day and go, "Is this it?" "Is this what my life is about?" "The same thing day after day?"

Maybe what I'm trying to say is this. Look at what happened to me. How it changed me. How it made me become a better person and a better man. Then close your eyes. Imagine what it would be like to lose nearly everything; your freedom, your job, your family, even your very existence.

Now open your eyes and look around you. You're free, you're alive, you have your job, your family, your home. Don't EVER take those things for granted again. Start living "dynamically" from this very moment. Grab on to life and shake it with everything you have, get ALL you can out of it, every MOMENT of it, of every day ... for the rest of your life.

No comments: